Week 39


Well I'm still here and still very pregnant.
It's been an exhausting two weeks of pre-labor. With on/off contractions.
Yesterday I finally gave in and moved my next antenatal appointment up to that afternoon. 
I'm losing my mind, emotionally and physically exhausted!

The doctor took one look at me and just felt sorry for me. No one tells you or prepares you for weeks of pre-labor! She did all the usual checks and everything was normal. Baby isn't oversized or anything like I was getting worried about, all normal. She offered to do an internal and do a stretch & sweep whilst she was there in the hopes to get things progressing- usually they don't offer this til your overdue but she just felt so sorry for me. I agreed. I'm 1cm dilated already (thank-god) which she was impressed with for a first time mum, but that does mean that all these pains and uncomfortable-ness are doing something. She was even able to touch babies head she is so unbelievably low - that was an odd feeling. (TMI - the stretch & sweep procedure has budged my mucous plug so that's a start - however nothing else yet)

The doctor has also booked me in for a 41 weeks appointment plus ultrasound and an induction date has been booked if things don't progress themselves, although we are all hoping that Little Miss BB comes on her own! I'm hoping she's just like her mother and likes to be on time and will surprise us on her due date! Mind you I've hoped that she would arrive everyday for the last 3 weeks! Either way we have an estimated end date if she doesn't get a hurry on.

I am just over it though! People don't know what to say to me anymore and I don't really know what to do with myself anymore. The emotions are running high. I am constantly feeling as though I'm doing something wrong which is why she isn't here yet.

I just want her to hurry up so I can have her all to myself.





No comments:

Post a Comment